Thursday, June 5, 2008

Update!

I haven't updated in a while, I know. Things have been busy here and with the start up of a home daycare, I can't justify the time I use to spend on here anymore. I will try to update more often for those few friends who read here :) Thanks for still checking in on me.

Financially, things still stink here at home. Hence why I am doing daycare, to help pay bills. Or so I thought. It seems that a few of the parents don't feel like paying me. And there is always a good long list of excuses why they cannot. I was late on my car payment because of the non payment issue and that still peeves me off. I need to stop being so lazy and have them all sign a contract but since I am not licensed yet, I feel like I can't push the issue. Summer is fast approaching however, and the children will all be here full-time. If I am expected to house and feed them, shouldn't I get paid for my services?

That was the one big reason that I didn't want to watch other peoples children. I am not good with conflict/conflict of interests. Although I *know* that I should be paid on pay day every week, when I am not, I don't call or ask where it is. Most of the time, the parents don't stop by on payday to pick up their kids when they stiff me, they send a friend! Is it my place to call them up and remind them to stop by and pay me and to pay me in full even if they decide to not drop their kid off one day?
I am so stressed about this whole thing that I am thinking of getting a summer job, quitting daycare, and having my almost 15 year old babysit her siblings. Which is the last thing I want but I need to supplement somehow and if I work for a company/store/restaurant/whatever, I will be compensated, with no question as to whether or not I will receive my paycheck. Ugh!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

not sure how I missed this...anywhoo, the non payment thing is absolute BS! I would give them one chance and after that, the boot! Honestly, it would be MUCH easier to get a job outside the home and go when the kids are in bed or right before bed than have strangers children in your home. just my opinion hun